Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jvanhouten

Website images and gifs

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I just noticed that every topic has its own icon/image/animation, and it's really fun to lighten up the atmosphere here. However I think it would be more mobile-friendly if the website only used still images (so no animations or gifs). I can imagine this website being very overwhelming with all the moving things :P

Nonetheless a good way to decorate the website, and I love it!

10 minutes ago, jvanhouten said:

... I can imagine this website being very overwhelming with all the moving things :P...

I viewed the site on my iPhone and the images were tiny (barely noticeable). I didn't detect any performance degradation. That's not to say that others might not notice slowness, though. Of course, if it becomes an issue...

YogaByCandace likes this

I guess I just have a bigger phone, but, I do like the relative size of images on mobile more than on the computer version. They're about the same size as the profile pics, so it looks more balanced.

I am also biased from animated emoticons - when the forum gifs are smaller, they remind me of those!  Does this look different on other people's phones?

2hK5UMUWVQ5tyx_82QyLTQ7dPHvIHSR17Ysj5YwQ

I don't understand why the mobile version of the site displays the images differently than the desktop version. I guess the desktop generates a larger "preview" of the image while mobile might show the true relative sizes. My iPad shows the images closer to the way the desktop version shows them, (they are larger than iPhone despite both running iOS).

This wasn't a professional, high tech process, with a nerdy Silicon Valley millennial coding up a storm, but rather a middle aged bald guy who was bored at work and decided to spend a half hour jazzing up this joint...with the goal of helping forum visitors develop their facial muscles and while practicing the upward crescent mouth corners' pose.

brenskip55 likes this

9 hours ago, yogafire said:

I guess I just have a bigger phone, but, I do like the relative size of images on mobile more than on the computer version. They're about the same size as the profile pics, so it looks more balanced.

I am also biased from animated emoticons - when the forum gifs are smaller, they remind me of those!  Does this look different on other people's phones?

It looks the same on mine, large size Android.

Cool, I am on Samsung S5, so I guess all the androids are showing consistency.  I find it interesting that iPad and iPhone display differently.

Larry, nice work - I would have spent more than half an hour just trying to choose the gifs. They do clearly tell me the purpose of each forum! Hehe!